Yes, you read it right, blog commenting is a source of:
- Traffic (Referral Traffic)
- Relationships (With Author and Blog Owner)
- Money (It’s a secret)
Traffic (Referral Traffic)
What is the hardest thing for a new blogger to get?
It is traffic; yes, traffic is the hardest thing to get for a new blogger.
We can get traffic through 3 main sources:
Organic – It takes time to rank your article. You will need to build some authority (in terms of backlinks, PR etc.) to rank higher in the search engines in order to receive decent traffic from Google.
Direct Traffic- Come on guys…. I am a newbie; nobody knows the name of my domain! How can I get direct traffic that way?
Referral Traffic – When you get traffic from another site that posted your link on their website and people visit your site through that link, it is called Referral Traffic.
“Your post link on other’s site/blog”
Read the line again you will realize how commenting can help you to get more and more referral traffic, no matter whether you are a newbie or experienced.
When you commented on other blog, you left a link (one extra link if that blog use commentluv plugin) to your blog and if your comment shows that you know the topic well, then people are attracted towards your link to know more about you and your blog.
Relationship (with Author and Blog Owner)
A genuine value comment will help you to establish a relationship with post author.
Everyone likes feedback about his/her task and commenting is a best way to provide feedback about the article.
If your feedback is genuine and value is added, it will most likely grab the attention of author.
A regular visit to a blog and sharing your feedback through comments help you to build a business relationship with blog owner.
Money (Revealing Secrets)
If you are good at providing feedback, you can earn money by providing feedback through commenting on other blogs.
Now days people are providing ‘Commenting’ services to busy bloggers.
There are bloggers who maintain many blogs at a time so they don’t have time to read others blog and comment on them to get backlinks. They also don’t have time to make relationship so they like to have an assistant who can comment on other blogs on their behalf.
You can create your business model and start your commenting service today.
Tips to get referral traffic through commenting
If you comment randomly on any blog then they’re possibilities that you will not get maximum output of your effort. So follow below the tips to get maximum benefit from commenting:
1. Choose five blogs that belong in your niche (you can find the blogs through Google or through various Facebook groups).
2. Don’t target well established first page ranker blogs as they usually are so busy to notice your comment.
3. Now start following these five blogs and create genuine comments (100 word comments are good enough) on their blogs for three continuous days on three different articles.
4. From prior experience, 4 out 5 blog owners will visit your blog and leave a comment on your article as well.
5. Make a note of these four blogs and leave out the one who didn’t respond. Again, select another five blogs and repeat the process.
6. Using the method above, within one month you will have around 50-70 regular visitors who will not only visit your blog but also comment on your blog; it makes your blog a great place for discussion.
Remember: Choose blogs that belong in your niche only.
Note: You need to keep a few things in mind while leaving comments on other blogs:
1. Your comments must be genuine.
2. It should not look like a spam.
3. It’s always better to use your real name for the comment.
4. Use your own image in Gravatar to make it more personal.
5. Comments should 100+words to grab attention.
6. If possible, make comments as long as possible to grab more attention.
7. Don’t attack others through your comments.
8. If you don’t like something or disagree with some points, mention it in a polite manner.
While commenting on other blogs, read the comments on that blog; you can infer an idea for your next blog post from those comments.